The best NZ ski trip for a group of mates
A snow hunt is a fully customised and all inclusive package for any number of mates. New Zealand Club Fields are regarded as the best off piste terrain accessible from a 'lift' opening up thousands of possible runs. Hunting down the best snow involves mountain skills and knowledge of the backcountry. The BDS guides pass on their knowledge and introduce basic backcountry skills so you can experience terrain you might not ever find on your own.
Bookings are designed for people of the same group and generally the best months for a snowhunter safari are August and September, as the days are longer and the snowpack has had time to settle opening up more terrain. However, weather in NZ is a fickle thing and can change at anytime, so other times of the winter maybe just as spectacular.
During the Hunt you can look forward to the following…
- Pickup and return to the Christchurch airport to your Canterbury destination.
- Private accommodation and fully cooked breakfast and dinner. All linen etc provided.
- Your personal BDS guide/driver for your trip.
- Transport everyday in 4×4 trucks to the club field with the best snow conditions.
- Your guide checking the snow conditions and weather to decide which is the best to hunt for the day.
- Lift passes and lunches are also provided everyday.
- Full instructions on the use of a ropetow and nutcracker safely and efficiently (there is method behind the madness).
- You can look forward to our custom designed harnesses to make riding the tow easier.
- Your own avalanche transciever to use during the safari.
- All mountain guiding to suit your ability. Great memories and tired legs.
- Want to add a day’s HELI-SKIING with NZ famous Heli-ski operation, Methven Heliski? YOU GOT IT!